Thursday 15 October 2015

YEAR 13 LESSON SEVEN [14th Oct 15]: Homework


This session explored the nature of Victor's language and why Shelley invests Victor's dialogue with such aggressive and violent intensity. One student described this as THE LANGUAGE OF RUIN....how great is that!? Nice one Carla.
Key quotes from CHAPTER FIVE were used to stimulate class discussion:
  • I felt my flesh tingle with excess of sensitiveness, and my pulse beat rapidly
  • I raved incessantly
  • He saw a wildness in my eyes
  • I was disturbed by the wildest dreams
  • Breathless horror and disgust filled my heart
  • my teeth chattered and every limb became convulsed
  • Sometimes my pulse beat so quickly...I felt the palpitation of every artery
  • dreams that had been my food...were now become a hell to me.
Students must be able to articulate why Shelley uses such aggressive and emotive language to represent Victor's experience.
The lesson then moved into a superb consideration of the gothic genre and the nature of gothic content.

HOMEWORK: READ ALL OF VICTOR'S NARRATIVE. WE will be discussing issues from the first 10 chapters in Friday's session.

No comments:

Post a Comment